Lewisville, TX 75077
by Beverly F. Jones
Copyright December 2, 1998
This recipe is designed to create a very strong
infusion of herbs into the oil.
1. Fill a quart or larger canning jar to just
below the brim with herbs. Be sure to pack tightly.
2. Add 1 oz of vodka or everclear to the jar.
3. Fill the rest of the air space with the oil of your choice
until just beneath the brim (do not overflow). I use olive.
4. Heat four (4) minutes in the microwave oven or until just
bubbly (not rolling bubbles).
5. Put on canning lid tightly and shake until thoroughly mixed.
Canning jar will seal when oils and jar cool.
6. Set in a cool dark room for two to three (2 - 3) weeks shaking
daily to distribute oil and vodka.
7. At the end of two weeks open jar and strain the thick green
oil into a separate canning jar and label.
8. Place the herbs back into the original canning jar and add
more herbs if necessary.
9. Again add 1 oz. of vodka and fill to just below the brim with
oil of your choice. Follow steps four through 7 adding infused
oil to previous jar.
10. You could possibly chop up the herbs very fine and use in
Try our Citrus Sage Soap
back to recipe page